Headquartered in Dayton, OH, Grunder Landscaping Co. is an award-winning industry leader intently focused on growth. The mainstay of our work is high-end residential properties, for which we design, install, and maintain uniquely beautiful outdoor living spaces with pools, patios, walkways, outdoor kitchens, pergolas, and more. Together as a team, we have become one of the most successful landscaping companies in the Midwest and have won more than 40 national and local design awards.
Our internship program provides you with the opportunity to practice in a professional atmosphere many of the concepts you’ve learned in your studies. You will gain hands-on experience in all the areas of our company—from production, design, and LandKeeping™, to administration and management—and leave with a thorough understanding of the green industry to help guide you in deciding your career path. At the conclusion of the program, we will provide full-time offers to those who will make a great addition to the Grunder team.
- Paid 12-week internship*
- Inbound and outbound travel stipend
- Housing location assistance
- Clean and organized facility with state-of-the-art equipment
- Professional, friendly, and fun work environment
- Clear path for career advancement and commitment to your professional growth
Weeks 1–4: Production
- Assist Team Leader as Team Tech on Production Team.
- Activities include but are not limited to: spring/fall clean-ups, landscape installations, hardscape installations, water features, outdoor lighting, and seasonal color displays.
Weeks 5–8: LandKeeping
- Assist Team Leader as Team Tech on LandKeeping Team.
- Activities include but are not limited to: bed maintenance, irrigation services, pruning, water feature maintenance, disease and pest management, turf fertilization and weed control, and core aeration.
Week 9: Management
- Shadow/Assist Group Leader (Production Manager).
- Activities include but are not limited to: daily scheduling of crews, equipment and materials, material procurement, on-the-job training, and fleet and facilities.
Weeks 10–11: Design/Sales
- Shadow/Assist Landscape Design Sales Professional and Director of Design-Build.
- Activities include but are not limited to: initial sales calls, preparing estimates, assisting in the design of award-winning projects, generating client proposals, presenting client designs, and business development.
Week 12: Administration
- Shadow/Assist Administration.
- Activities include but are not limited to: daily timesheet entry and processing, work order creation and processing, time-card management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and human resources.
At the conclusion of the program, we will gather together for a short discussion with our interns on their experience at Grunder Landscaping and future interest. Full-time offers to follow!